Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Finally, Nigeria.


So the trip is about to begin. After countless hours of prep, sipping Coke at 8am in the studio, traveling thousands of miles, years of constructing this thing called song; stealing lyrics, rewriting lyrics, finding my own lyrics/my own voice...it's about to start.
On the 8th of March, my friend and I will be flying to Nigeria to perform a series of concert, radio and tv spots, and a musicians workshop, to the people of Nigeria.
One of the cities, Jos, has been a city in struggle with the mix of religious differences, political struggles and the death of hundreds of people.
The words that surround my heart have been rest, renewal, desire, and love. So as we are about to embark on this journey, I'm calling on you, my friends to pray for...

1.) airline tickets...we're having trouble booking tickets since last week. Some airline websites actually don't allow you to purchase tickets online. Please pray for favor to purchase these tickets with the correct itinerary.
2.) sensitivity to the people's spirits. The crowds at the shows will be largely christian so we're wanting to bring a message of hope and love through the most effective vehicle of love.
3.) meeting family. I will be meeting some of Grace's family. With the every day challenges of relationships and then adding on the multicultural piece, Grace and I want to walk in wisdom and love, especially to the things we don't understand
4.) a spirit of fun. There have been many challenges to planning this trip. The most challenging is the cultural filters of my western world; fast, efficient, logical (to the west). It's so east to lose joy as I this filter has been tried and tested. No matter what happens, to laugh and love.

More updates to come...love you all!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

amen to that! JOY is so important, yeah? will be praying for you, rockstar.

Lindsey said...

Hope you guys have a great time...I'll be praying for you!