Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nearing the End of 2011

 Wow, another year almost gone by.  It's true when they say life can move faster and faster, with age.  In my 37, soon to be 38, years of wisdom, I think it's cause the older we get, the more we are tempted to define life and it's enjoyment by "the doing".

Now I'm not knocking "the doing".  If it wasn't for "the doing" I would've never walked through the journey of 3 wedding ceremonies in 3 different countries, that eventually brought the result of my marriage to my wonderful wife.

What I'm trying to explain is that in "the doing", "the being" is what defines "the doing".

(gotten off the 48hours.com site)

When I get this mixed-up, and I do often, "the doing" informs more of my insecurities as where "the being" enables me to sing my song, my life...the major, the minor...no having to apologize for me, well, sometimes, when the minor goes really minor ;).

It's year's end and it's so important to take stock of the year, letting the dust settle and replaying, in slow-mo, this years events, small or big, and listen...pause...and assess the failures and the victories.

Grace and I like to take time off throughout the year, but especially during the Christmas holiday, where the end and the beginning stand face to face. 

There's been so much this year I can't wait to help highlight to you, these wonderful treasures in the remaining month of this year.  Thank you for your patience, support, prayers and friendship.

Well, that's all for now, but more to come, very soon.

No comments: