Thursday, February 1, 2007

The Preparation

Only twenty-four more days left til I leave for South Africa. It's exciting to think about the things that the Father has for me there. Some of you may remember that five years ago I had sent my DTS (Discipleship Training School) application to YWAM Muhsenberg, which is located in South Africa. Since my detour to New Haven, I've always wondered if the Father had anything for me there. Well, it's exciting to be starting that journey. Here's some scripture that's been hitting my heart..."I will sing for joy in God, explode in praise from deep in my soul! He dressed me up in a suit of salvation, he outfitted me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom who puts on a tuxedo and a bride jeweled tiara. For as the earth bursts with spring wildflowers, and as a garden cascades with blossoms, so the Master, God, brings righteousness into full bloom and puts praise on display before the nations" (Isaiah 6:10-11). I'm just reminded of a quote from Bono and his work in Africa, that the Africans are a noble people. They have an air of royalty, even in their dire state. That could be nothing less than the hand of God. How they can sing, I can't wait to see it, to hear it, to be a part of it. Twenty four more days to go.

3 comments:

Jen Price said...

That's cool that you're doing a blog about Africa. Let me know if you need more pics.

AzNxKeV said...

i miss u david!

sooobahk said...

Is that the Message version you are quoting? I love it. "Explode in praise from deep in my soul..."

I'm sure you'll do some exploding in dance with the African brothers and sisters.